28th March 2013
The following papers were received:-
1. The Conference programme with 2 application forms
2. A 2014 diary order form.
3. The latest Jazz Appreciation Newsletter for you to pass onto your Jazz group(s). Anybody who would like to join his network and receive these newsletters directly should contact Mike Whitaker on email@example.com.
There are still places on :-
· Our ninth Staying Sharp event - Enrich Your Future - at the Royal Society on 22nd May.
· Harper Adams Summer School -15 -18th July.
· The BBC is looking for contestants for the next series of Mastermind. For more information or to book a place visit www.bbc.co.uk/mastermind and click 'audition information' or call 0161 836 0315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· The Oldie British Artists Award which recognises the achievements of British Artists over 60. An application form and terms and conditions can be downloaded at www.theoldie.co.uk/OBAs or you can telephone Hannah Donovan on 020 7346 8801. Closing date - 10th May 2013.
1. Advance notice that the Resource Centre will be closed from Thursday 25th April to Wednesday 1st May for the installation of a new library management system and staff training.
· The closing date for proposed and seconded AGM resolutions is 30th April.
· Keep the photographs coming in for next year's calendar.
Finally at the home page of our website is a programme about U3A called 'Life in the Third Age', which is being transmitted on the Community Channel on 1st April at 8pm, 13th April at 8.30pm and 18th April at llpm. The Community Channel can be found on Sky 539, Virgin Media 233 and Freeview 87 and it is also available on BBC iPlayer. Please let your members know; feedback would be welcomed.
3rd Age Trust
More information can also be obtained from David Rutter, Business Secretary on 01323 898402